During 2015 the Bayside Chapter of mbf is providing seed funding to pilot a music therapy program at Bayley House in Brighton, Victoria. Registered Music Therapist Jaye Thompson has been engaged to plan and implement a program to:
1. BAYLEY HOUSE MUSIC PROGRAM
Music and the Brain Foundation has its genesis in a suburban community and remains committed to delivering programs which are community based, community centred and community driven. Contact us if you would like a similar project implemented in your area or if your community has other needs which we can help you address.
2. VOCAL LOCALS STROKE CHOIRS
As part of its ongoing Community Music program mbf is supporting the establishment of community based choirs for people who have suffered strokes. mbf has a particular interest in melodic intonation and providing choral opportunities for stroke survivors with aphasia who have difficulty producing meaningful speech, but can sing.
3. PERSONALIZED MUSIC PROGRAM
Music and the Brain Foundation has developed a Personalised Music Program to meet Australian needs and standards.
The Program uses MP3 players, iPods, iPads and Tablet devices to deliver personalised music for integration into the lifestyle offered by residential and home care providers and provides training and support for those providing care.
1. demonstrate the beneftts of using music therapy with people with high needs and intellectual and physical disabilities.
2. enhance service users health, well-being, development and overall quality of life through music therapy input (and)
3. provide opportunities and evidence from which to source future funding to develop and implement future music therapy programs at Bayley House